CSA member Mori Sykes recommended this savory kohlrabi slaw, which also uses cabbage, carrots and celery from the share. “This is delicious!” he writes. “A Big hit with my kids!” Thanks, Mori!
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 4 kohlrabi bulbs, peeled and grated
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh onion
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Toss the cabbage, kohlrabi, celery, carrot, and onion together in a large bowl.
Whisk the sugar, salt, pepper, celery seed, mayonnaise, and vinegar together in a separate bowl until smooth; pour over the cabbage mixture and stir to coat evenly. Chill in refrigerator 1 hour before serving.