Cold eggplant salad? Believe me this tastes so much better than it sounds. Actually, it's my favorite summer eggplant recipe. It's just so cool and savory and satisfying. It's great for potlucks, and it keeps well for a day, so you can pack and enjoy any leftovers in your lunch box.
Eggplant, Tomato and Feta Salad
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 cup small tomatoes (Campari or Juliet), halved
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
Preheat oven to 425.
In a lidded jar, shake together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss the eggplant with half the vinaigrette, and save the rest for later.
Arrange the eggplant in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast the eggplant about 30 minutes, stirring midway through. Let the eggplant cool just enough so that it won’t melt the feta.
Mix together the cooled eggplant, feta, tomatoes, and mint. Garnish with extra feta and mint.